After my last post, I was asked to compare the major password managers available at the moment. After feature only comparisons I have found the below:
- Free on all devices for 25 passwords.
- Legacy (when you die) feature.
- Import passwords from other major password managers.
- Add-ins for all browsers. No seperate application.
- Virtual keyboard security feature to stop keylogging and other security features to come.
- Legacy feature could be insecure.
- All devices with subscription.
- USB key authentication.
- Synchronize across devices.
- Import and Export passwords.
- One time passwords.
- Virtual keyboard to stop keylogging.
- LastPass Security Challenge. A handy tool to test password strength.
- Supported on more older devices.
- Free for desktop only – Must pay $12/year for mobile functionality.
- No passing on of passwords when you die.
- Software license management.
- Ability to attach files to 1Password information. (Software licenses or paticular documents for internet banking).
- Seperate area for storing service passwords (FTP, router logins).
- Customisable images can be set.
- Clipboard removal of caches passwords. VERY GOOD!
- $50.00 purchase price. 30-day free trial.
- User defined syncing. Could be unclear for novice users.
- Form functionality as well as password management.
- Free for desktop use.
- $10/year cost for all devices.
- Interface looks old. (My opinion)
So what does everyone think? What is the best Password Manager available at the moment?